A report from the Executive Director of Regeneration and Environment will be published as soon as possible. (Report No.23, agenda part two also refers). (Key decision – reference number 4497)
(8.40 – 8.45 pm)
Councillor Ahmet Oykener (Cabinet Member for Housing and Housing Regeneration) introduced the report of the Executive Director of Regeneration and Environment (No.20) setting out progress made on the major schemes within the Council’s Estate Renewal Programme.
1. That Report No.23 also referred as detailed in Minute No.17 below;
2. That the report provided an overall view of progress of the Council’s estate renewal schemes. Councillor Oykener outlined for Members the scheme updates relating to Highmead, Ladderswood, New Avenue, the Alma Estate and Snells and Joyce as detailed in the report. Contractual updates were set out in the report and the revised proposed budgets associated with each of the schemes were set out in the part two report (Report No.23, Minute No.17 below referred).
3. An amendment to recommendation 2.3 of the report with the addition of the Executive Director of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care to the agreed delegated authority, as set out in decision 3 below.
4. Councillor Georgiou highlighted the architectural awards that the Council had achieved for its work at Dujardin Mews. This was indicative of the standard of the work that was being undertaken. Councillor Georgiou extended his congratulations to all those involved.
Alternative Options Considered: Not to proceed with the developments. The work commissioned by the Council had demonstrated that all three schemes represent a good deal for the Council and the Council had made promises to residents which continuing with the existing agreements enable to be achieved. Further options and their potential ramifications were considered in Report No.23, Minute No.17 below refers.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed to
1. Note the progress made in delivering the estate renewal programme and to note the commencement of the next stage of the programme.
2. Recommend to Council to update the estate renewal scheme budgets as set out in Report No.23, Minute No.17 below refers.
3. Delegate authority to the Executive Director of Regeneration and Environment and the Executive Director of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care to agree and finalise the terms of the shared equity offer to resident leaseholders.
4. Authorise, subject to officers fulfilling the requirements of Section 122 (2A) of the Local Government Act 1972 and obtaining the Secretary of State’s consent pursuant to Section 19 of the Housing Act 1985, in accordance with section 122 of the Local Government Act 1972 a decision be taken that the land required for the completion of the New Avenue Estate Regeneration Programme (set out in Appendix A to the report) should be appropriated from its present purpose for housing to planning purposes to enable the Council to take the benefit of Section 203 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL to update the estate renewal scheme budgets as set out in Report No.23, Minute No.17 below refers.
Reason: The Council’s estate renewal programme was of strategic importance to the Council. Not only did it provide existing residents with new better quality homes, at a time of a general housing ... view the full minutes text for item 10