A report from the Executive Director – People is attached. A part two report also refers. (Key decision – reference number 5227)
Councillor Alev Cazimoglu (Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care) introduced the report of the Executive Director – People informing Cabinet of the outcome of the competitive tender for the local statutory Healthwatch service and seeking approval for contact award.
1. That a part two report also referred as detailed in Minute No.23 below setting out the financial information and details of the winning bidder.
2. The statutory requirement for local authorities to have a local Healthwatch organisation and its core functions, as set out in the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, and amended by the Health and Social Care Act 2012, as set out in paragraph 12 of the report.
3. The thorough process which had been followed to ensure that a value for money service continued to be provided as detailed in full in the report.
4. That approval was being sought to delegate any contract extensions to the Director of Health and Adult Social Care in consultation with the Cabinet Member as set out in the decisions below.
Alternative Options Considered: None as this was a statutory service.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed
1. To award the Healthwatch contract to the winning bidder identified in the part two report, for an initial period of three years with an option to extend for a further two periods of two years as appropriate (Minute No.23 below referred).
2. That delegation for any further contract extensions be granted to the Director of Health and Adult Social Care in consultation with the Cabinet Member.
Reason: The Healthwatch function was a statutory requirement under the Care Act 2012. The current contract ends on 31 March 2021.
(Key decision – reference number 5227)