Venue: Conference Room, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
WELCOME AND APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Simon, Chair, welcomed all attendees and explained the order of the meeting.
This was Councillor Dogan’s first planning committee and the Chair welcomed him to the meeting.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Dines and J. Charalambous.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Members of the Planning Committee are invited to identify any disclosable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non-pecuniary interests relevant to items on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on:
· Tuesday 20 February 2018
AGREED the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 20 February 2018 as a correct record.
To receive the covering report of the Assistant Director, Regeneration & Planning.
RECEIVED the report of the Assistant Director, Regeneration and Planning.
RECOMMENDATION: Approval subject to conditions and completion of Section 106 Agreement.
1. The introduction by Sharon Davidson, Planning Decisions Manager, clarifying the proposal.
2. The applicant has provided an updated drainage document. Whilst the discharge rate proposed is acceptable, the applicant has still not put forward a sustainable drainage strategy. Accordingly, conditions are recommended to require this prior to the commencement of works on site.
3. A Unilateral Undertaking had now been completed to secure the £17,000 contribution towards local improvements to Gough Park and the Travel Plan monitoring fee.
4. The deputation of Ms Trudy Tyler (Local Resident).
5. The statement of Councillor Vicki Pite (Chase Ward Councillor, Associate Cabinet Member and Chair of the Older Peoples’ Partnership Board)
6. The statement of Dennis Stacey (Chair of the Conservation Advisory Board)
7. The response of John Bell (ADG Architects) and Danny Simmonds (Agent – RPS Planning & Development).
8. Planning officers’ response to points raised.
9. Members’ debate and questions responded to by officers.
10. The unanimous support of the committee for the officers’ recommendation.
AGREED that the Head of Development/the Planning Decisions Manager be authorised to grant planning permission subject to conditions to cover the matters identified and listed in the report and subject to an additional condition to require details of measures to ensure the basement car park is appropriately secure.
In addition, conditions to cover the following will also be required:
· Green Wall – fixings, plant species and ongoing management plan
· Drainage verification report
· Arboricultural site supervision – tree protection monitoring and site supervision
· Arboricultural site supervision completion – schedule of site supervision and monitoring of the arboricultural protection measures as approved shall be submitted for approval in writing within 28 days from completion of the development.
1. It was expected that two committee meetings would be required in April: Tuesday 10 April 2018 and Tuesday 24 April 2018.
The provisional committee date for Tuesday 1 May 2018 may not be required.
2. The two committee meetings in April 2018, will be held at the Dugdale Centre, due to the Local Elections and the Conference Room being used by the elections team.
Details of these meetings (to be held at the Dugdale Centre) are as follows:
· Tuesday 10 April 2018 – Rooms 2 & 3, Dugdale Centre, Thomas Hardy House, 39 London Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 6DS.
· Tuesday 24 April 2018 – Executive Suite, Dugdale Centre, Thomas Hardy House, 39 London Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 6DS.