Agenda and minutes
Venue: Dugdale Centre - Dugdale. View directions
WELCOME AND APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Simon, Chair, welcomed all attendees and explained the order of the meeting, with a particular welcome to Councillors Dines and McGowan as new members of the Committee.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Charalambous and Lappage, and apologies for lateness from Councillor Pearce.
A minute’s silence was observed in honour of the victims of yesterday’s bombing in Manchester.
ELECTION OF VICE CHAIR
To elect a Vice Chair for the 2017/18 Municipal year.
Councillor Levy was elected Vice Chair of the Planning Committee for the 2017/18 municipal year.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Members of the Planning Committee are invited to identify any disclosable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non pecuniary interests relevant to items on the agenda.
1. Councillor Dines had identified some issues relating to application 17/01178/FUL given to Chase Ward Forum, but confirmed that he had not expressed any opinion on the application.
2. In respect of application 17/01178/FUL, Councillor Savva advised that he was a Tottenham Hotspur FC season ticket holder.
To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on Thursday 20 April 2017.
AGREED the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 20 April 2017 as a correct record.
To receive the covering report of the Assistant Director, Regeneration and Planning.
5.1 Applications dealt with under delegated powers. (A copy is available in the Members’ Library).
RECEIVED the report of the Assistant Director, Regeneration and Planning.
ORDER OF THE AGENDA
AGREED to amend the order of the agenda to cater for any late arrivals to the venue. The minutes follow the order of the meeting.
To receive the report of the Assistant Director, Regeneration and Planning seeking approval from the Planning Committee for the making of an order under S14(1) of the Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990 to revoke Hazardous Substance Consents at three former gasholder sites.
1. The introduction by Peter George, Assistant Director, Regeneration and Planning, advising that this was a technical report with the purpose of revoking Hazardous Substance Consents to enable development. The Council was acting within the appropriate Act and had engaged with relevant agencies.
2. The unanimous support of the Committee for the officers’ recommendation.
AGREED that the Planning Committee:
(i) Revoke Hazardous Substance Consent Numbers HAZ/92/0006 and HAZ/92/0007.
(ii) Authorise the making of the “The London Borough of Enfield Leeside Road and Willoughby Lane Hazardous Substance Revocation Orders 2017” serving of notices on interested persons and request confirmation of the Orders by the Secretary of State.
(iii) Delegate authority to the Assistant Director, Regeneration and Planning and Meridian Water Programme Director to amend, process, resolve, and consult with relevant parties to enable completion of the revocation duty.
RECOMMENDATION: Approval subject to conditions
WARD: Upper Edmonton
1. The introduction by Sharon Davidson, Planning Decisions Manager, clarifying the proposals.
2. A correction to the report regarding cycle parking provision. The Transport Assessment confirmed 40 cycle parking spaces. This was in accordance with the relevant standards.
3. Councillor Dines had suggested increased cycle parking facilities. The applicant had agreed that additional cycle parking facilities can be provided. Condition 6 required the submission of details of cycle parking facilities and officers will work with the applicant to maximise provision with a view to delivering more than the 40 currently anticipated.
4. The unanimous support of the Committee for the officers’ recommendation.
AGREED that planning permission be granted in accordance with Regulation 3 / 4 of the Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992, subject to the conditions set out in the report.
RECOMMENDATION: Following the completion of a Deed of Variation to link the original permission to the current application, approval subject to conditions
SENT TO FOLLOW
1. Councillor Pearce arrived at the meeting at the beginning of the item and was able to participate in determination of this application.
2. The introduction by Sean Newton, Principal Planning Officer, clarifying the proposals and highlighting the main issues for Members.
3. Receipt of an additional letter of support from George Spicer Primary School.
4. Receipt of a letter of support from Councillor Pite, Chase Ward Councillor.
5. Receipt of a letter of objection from the Friends of Forty Hall Park.
6. Receipt of a further letter from the Forty Hill and Bulls Cross Study Group, reiterating their objection and adding further points should permission be granted.
7. An amendment to section 6.9 of the report to include a reference to a clause covenanting the Club to not implement the Stand application.
8. The deputation of Ms Jill Simpson (local resident, Maidens Bridge Cottages, Bulls Cross).
9. The response from Mr Richard Serra (Applicant) and Ms Jan Hickman (Strategy Manager for Physical Education and Sport, LB Enfield).
10. The statement of Dennis Stacey, Chair of Conservation Advisory Group, confirming points of detail the Group would like to see if the application was approved.
11. Members’ debate, and questions responded to by officers.
12. The unanimous support of the Committee for the officers’ recommendation.
AGREED that following the completion of a Deed of Variation to link the original permission to the current application, the Head of Development Management or the Planning Decisions Manager be authorised to grant planning permission, subject to the conditions set out in the report, an additional obligation within the S106 Agreement covenanting the Club to not implement the Stand application, and consultation with Conservation Advisory Group on details of stands, lighting and enclosure.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DATES FOR 2017/18
To note the dates for Planning Committee for the Municipal year:
Tuesday 27 June 2017
** Tuesday 4 July 2017
Tuesday 18 July 2017
** Tuesday 1 August 2017
Tuesday 29 August 2017
Tuesday 12 September 2017
** Thursday 5 October 2017
Tuesday 17 October 2017
** Tuesday 7 November 2017
Tuesday 21 November 2017
Tuesday 19 December 2017
** Wednesday 3 January 2018
Tuesday 23 January 2018
** Tuesday 6 February 2018
Tuesday 20 February 2018
** Thursday 1 March 2018
Tuesday 20 March 2018
** Tuesday 10 April 2018
Tuesday 24 April 2018
** Tuesday 1 May 2018
** Provisional dates for additional Committee meetings / Planning Panels (if required).
All meetings to commence at 7:30pm unless otherwise notified.
Member Site Visits will be scheduled for 9:30am on the Saturday before the meeting, if required.
1. Noted the meeting dates and provisional meeting dates for the 2017/18 municipal year.
2. At this stage, it was uncertain whether 4 July would be used for a meeting, but likely that meetings would go ahead on 18 July and 1 August.