Venue: Room 1, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
Contact: Stacey Gilmour 020 8379 4187
WELCOME AND APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Apologies for absence had been received from Councillors Chris Bond, Ergin Erbil and Claire Stewart.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest. Councillor Vince and Councillor Caliskan mentioned that the polling stations for their local areas were to be discussed.
To receive the report of the Chief Executive as (Acting) Returning Officer reviewing the key aspects of the current polling districts, polling places and polling stations, and seeking the Panel to review the (Acting) Returning Officer’s recommendations.
RECEIVED a report from the Chief Executive as (Acting) Returning Officer reviewing the key aspects of the current polling districts, polling places and polling stations, and seeking the Panel to review the (Acting) Returning Officer’s recommendations for the current buildings/ locations to be designated as polling stations for use in future elections.
The report noted that the last compulsory review of polling districts and polling stations in Enfield took place in 2015. A review is now being undertaken which must be completed by 31 January 2020.
No changes have been identified by inspectors as being necessary to polling district boundaries although this will be reviewed again once the review of Enfield’s ward boundary consultation is completed.
The (Acting) Returning Officer recommended that the 106 polling places and 110 polling stations remain unchanged.
The polling inspectors have risk assessed all 106 polling places and have recommended that 3 more additional temporary buildings are required. The 5 changes to be made to the current polling place scheme are recommended as follows:
· Enfield Highway – 1st Enfield Scout Hut polling place. Recommendation to use Enfield Highway Community Centre
· Grange – The Formont Centre polling place – recommendation to hire a portocabin.
· Southgate Green – Walker Primary School polling place – recommendation to use Christ Church Southgate as alternative
· Ponders End – recommendation for a portocabin near entrance of Ponders End Recreational Ground.
· Edmonton Green – Unity Hub at Craig Park polling place – recommendation to use alternative hall rather than nursery.
The approved polling place schedule will be used for the 2020 May elections and any unscheduled elections from June 2019.
Comments were received regarding the following:
2. The Panel considered and adopted the list of proposed polling stations for any unscheduled elections held in the ... view the full minutes text for item 1072.
To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 9 October 2018.
AGREED that the minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 9 October 2018 be confirmed as a correct record.