Venue: Room 1, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
Contact: Koulla Panaretou
APPOINTMENT OF NEW CHAIR
To elect a chair of the sub-committee for the 2015-16 Municipal Year.
Councillor Yasemin Brett was appointed as Chair of the Sub Committee for the 2015/16 Municipal Year.
WELCOME AND APOLOGIES
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting. There were no absences recorded.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are asked to declare any disclosable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest registered in respect of any items on the agenda.
The Chair will consider the admission of any late reports (listed on the agenda but circulated late) which have not been considered in accordance with the requirements of the Council’s Constitution and the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Access to Information) (England) Amendment Regulations 2002.
NOTED that the reports listed on the agenda had been circulated in accordance with the requirements of the Council’s Constitution and the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Access to Information) (England) Amendment Regulations 2002. These arrangements state that agendas and reports should be circulated at least 5 clear days in advance of meetings.
To consider the applications submitted to the Enfield Community Support Fund for 2015-16.
Councillor Yasemin Brett (Cabinet Member for Community Organisations) introduced the report of the Chief Executive (No. 212) presenting the applications that had been submitted up to March 2015 for the Enfield Community Support Fund.
Shaun Rogan, Head of Communities, Partnerships and External Relations, introduced the report.
· A total of 57 bids had been received and 25 of these had been judged to pass the quality assurance process for approval for funding from the Enfield Community Support Fund.
· The total amount of funding available for this year’s applications was £150,000.
The applications were each considered in detail taking account of officer comments at the meeting and the agreed criteria for funding.
1. The following bids were approved in full:
· Forty Hall Vineyard (ECSF010) - £10,000 – Building volunteering and developing skills for vulnerable adults
· Age UK (ECSF011) - £9,960 – Intergenerational project working with people over 50
· Third Age Challenge Group (ECSF013) - £8,420 – Capacity building for Turkish speaking women. Members requested that the offer letter to be sent stipulates that they work closely with EVA to establish a sustainable footing during the lifetime of this offer, helping them get on a business footing
· Gargaar Somali Welfare Association (ECSF018) - £9,538 – Advice and information and luncheon club
· Breathe Easy Enfield (ECSF021) - £1,700 – Support for residents with chronic lung conditions
· Enfield Parents and Children (ECSF022) - £9,991 – Mentoring project for 11-16 year olds
· Enfield Health & Social Care Partnership (ECSF024) - £10,000 – Health and well-being centre
· Green Towers Luncheon Club (ECSF030) - £6,850 – Luncheon club and drop in for Turkish elderly
· Goodwin Lawson Foundation (ECSF037) - £9,650 – Goodwin Lawson story workshop plus football tournament. This application was agreed with the condition that the offer letter sent requests that wider working with the Council’s Community Safety team.
2. To defer the following applications to the Community Support Fund to enable further discussions with each of the applicants and further details to be provided in relation to each application. The Community Support Fund Cabinet Sub Committee will then meet again to discuss this additional information and make a decision thereafter:
· Enfield Citizens Advice Bureau (ECSF006) - £6,649.30 requesting volunteering support and purchase of scanners. Members felt that further discussions needed to take place with them to explore the possibility of some partnership with Enfield Turkish Cypriot Association. Officers would discuss this further with the organisations concerned.
· Enfield Carers Centre (ECSF012) - £9,917.68 offering one to one and group advocacy to unpaid carers living or caring for someone in Enfield. Members requested further clarification. Officers would discuss this further with the organisation concerned.
· Radio Enfield (ECSF016) - £6,800 – Extension of service to North Middlesex Hospital. Members requested further clarification. Officers would discuss this further with the organisation concerned.
· Turkish Youths of London (ECSF017) - £6,800 offering outreach and capacity building for vulnerable Turkish Speaking families Members requested information on previous years funding. Officers would discuss this further with the organisation concerned.
· Enfield Turkish Cypriot Association (ECSF019) - ... view the full minutes text for item 5.
To receive and agree the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 25th February 2014.
AGREED that the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 25th February 2014 be approved as a correct record.
EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If necessary, to consider passing a resolution under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 excluding the press and public from the meeting for any items of business moved to Part 2 of the agenda on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in those paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act (as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
(Members are asked to note that there are currently no part 2 agenda items).
RESOLVED in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to exclude the press and public from the meeting for the item listed on part 2 of the agenda on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 3 (information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act (as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006).