Venue: Room 1, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
Contact: Tariq Soomauroo
WELCOME AND APOLOGIES
Councillor Jewell welcomed everyone to the meeting. Apologies for absence had been received from Councillor Lappage and Councillor Hayward.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of the Committee are invited to identify any disclosable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non-pecuniary interests relevant to items on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest in respect of any item listed on the agenda.
To approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 5th December 2018
The minutes of the previous meeting held on the 5th December 2018 were AGREED
· Cllr Jewell (Chair) advised additional MACE dates for members to attend are yet to be circulated
· Anne Stoker provided an update of the Safeguarding strategy informing the task group the Board are expected to sign off the strategy shortly.
UPDATES FROM CAMHS
Nick Clarke, Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Enfield CAMHS Clinical Lead to update the task group on the work in past 12 months that’s been done with young people including those who have experienced or at risk of exploitation / harm.
Nick Clarke, Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Enfield CAMHS Clinical Lead and Clive Blackwood, Assistant Clinical Director CAMHs and Children’s Services Enfield Health presented the report.
· CAHMS are a Specialist community mental health NHS service offering assessment & treatment of serious mental health concerns
· Clinicians are trained in a range of evidence-based interventions, delivered within a collaborative, child, family & systems ethos
· Enfield CASMHS Teams;
1. The Generic & Neurodevelopmental CAMHS Team
2. The Service for Adolescents & Families in Enfield (SAFE)
3. The Health, Education, Access & Resource Team (HEART)
4. The Service for Children & Adolescents with Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SCAN)
· Additional CAMHS Provisions include;
1. Clinical & Counselling Psychology provision to Youth Offending Unit & Custody Liaison & Diversion
2. Expert Clinical Psychology assessment for court proceedings in LA Family Assessment Centre
3. Clinical Psychology intervention for under 5s in Children’s Centres
4. Specialist Clinical Psychology assessment & treatment for ASD & other neurodevelopmental conditions for children up to 6 in paediatric Child Development Team
· Staff Training;
1. All clinicians complete mandatory Level 3 child safeguarding training, 12 hours in 2 years
2. Specific sessions by Trust Safeguarding Team on current issues, including CSE, FGM, Gangs & County Lines, Harmful Cultural Practices
3. CCG commissioned 2-day training on Supervising to Safeguard
The Task Group thanked CAMHS for their presentation.
YOUTH OFFENDING UPDATE
Paul Sutton, Assistant Director Youth and Service Development and Linda
Crawford, Practice Improvement & Development Manager presented the item.
· Enfield YOU Teams
· Youth Offending Unit - Specialist Workers
· Youth Offending Unit – Data
· YOU Data – Current Risks
· 17/18 Data - Missing Young People
· Data 17/18 – (County Lines/Criminal and Sexual) Exploitation
· YOU CCE - Case Study 17/18
· 17/18 Response to County lines and CSE
· Serious Youth Violence 17/18
· The Challenge/Dealing with The Challenge
The Task Group thanked the Youth Offending team for their presentation.
Duduzile Sher Arami, Consultant in Public Health to present item.
Duduzile Sher Arami, Consultant in Public Health presented the item.
· Report contains figures from 2015
· Enfield have a clinic (IRIS) based at north Middlesex hospital
· Religious leaders working with communities raising awareness
· Updated statistics/report to come back to the Vulnerable Young people task group in the new municipal year
· Report to contain an action plan advising what members can do to assist
· A comment was made that schools need to monitor child absences outside holiday periods.
FASD FOETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDER
Cllr Glynis Vince, Highlands Ward Councillor and Cllr Bernie Lappage, Jubilee Ward Councillor.
Cllr Vince presented the item updating the board with the Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder meeting she attended.
Anne Stoker and Tony Theodoulou advised that they will update Cllr Vince of work being carried out relating to Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder as this falls within the Safeguarding remit.
The task group thanked Cllr Vince for her update.
ANNUAL WORK PLAN 2019/20
Members of The Vulnerable Young People Task Group are to suggest items they would like to be considered for the 2019/2020 work plan.
The Work Plan was NOTED:
DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS
The dates of the Vulnerable Young People Task Group 2019/20 municipal year will be approved at Annual Council on the 8th May 2019.
The dates of future meetings will be decided at the Annual Council meeting on Wednesday 8 May 2019.
EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
(This item will contain exempt information as defined in Paragraph 3 (information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person – including the authority holding that information) of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, as amended
RESOLVED in accordance with the principles of Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to exclude the press and public from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act (as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information)(Variation) Order 2006.