Purpose of committee
The Council has a single party Cabinet made up of ten councillors. The Cabinet provides transparent and accountable political leadership. It also takes away a lot of the business detail involved in delivering the Council's corporate priorities. This frees up time for the majority of councillors to exercise their ward councillor role. It enables them to focus on how the Council delivers services on the ground.
The Cabinet works within the Council's agreed policy framework. It can set up sub-committees to consider specific issues in detail. All Cabinet members are accessible to other councillors and their individual and collective decisions may be subject to scrutiny.
- Leader (Chairman)
- Deputy Leader
Plus eight additional cabinet members as follows:
- Community, Arts & Culture
- Community Safety and Public Health
- Economic Regeneration and Business Development
- Education, Children’s Services and Protection
- Finance and Efficiency
- Health and Social Care
- Housing and Housing Regeneration
Responsibilities of the Cabinet
The role of the Cabinet is to:
- Deliver services to the public
- Give political direction and guidance to the officer executive
- Improve the Council's performance
- Create and sustain effective partnerships
- Respond to issues raised by the Scrutiny Panels and other Council bodies.
- Develop and consult on policy proposals
- Propose the Council's Budget
- Deliver the Community Plan
are 3 Associate Cabinet members for the following areas:
Enfield North: Councillor Vicki Pite
Enfield South East: Councillor George Savva
Enfield West Councillor Dinah Barry
The ACM's role is to provide an overview and insight into spatial issues affecting local communities. These councillors do not make Executive Decisions and have no voting rights.
- Jacqui Hurst (Secretary)
- Doug Taylor
- Achilleas Georgiou
- Daniel Anderson
- Yasemin Brett
- Alev Cazimoglu
- Krystle Fonyonga
- Dino Lemonides
- Ayfer Orhan
- Ahmet Oykener
- Alan Sitkin
Support officer: Jacqui Hurst Tel: 0208 379 4096. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.