A report from the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services will be circulated as soon as possible. This sets out proposals for future ICT delivery.(Report No.187, agenda part two also refers) (Key decision – reference number 3708)
(8.45 – 8.50 pm)
Councillor Andrew Stafford (Cabinet Member for Finance and Property) introduced the report of the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services (No.182) setting out proposals for future ICT delivery.
1. That Report No.187 also referred as detailed in Minute No.22 below.
2. The proposal to award an extension of the contract for four years to Serco until September 2019 for the reasons set out in full in the report. Members attention was drawn to the corporate and social responsibility aspects of the new contract as set out in section 1.3.7 of the report.
3. That staff surveys were undertaken on ICT performance and that the overall satisfaction levels were good and had been increasing year on year. There would be on-going performance monitoring. Councillor Orhan praised the service received by Members.
4. The significant amount of work which had been undertaken over a period of 18 months.
5. Councillor Goddard noted that three new IT apprenticeships would be created a year, up to 15 positions over the contract period. Members asked whether the apprentices would remain in employment at the end of their apprenticeship and asked that this issue be considered within the terms of the contract.
Alternative Options Considered: NOTED the options which had been reviewed and discounted as set out in section 4 of the report.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed to
1. Award extension for full four years to Serco until September 2019.
2. Agree changes in operational scope and delivery, commencing October 2014.
3. Approve delegated authority to the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property and Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services, for procurement and award of transition assurance partner and subsequent internal transition costs.
4. Note the following proposed key milestones:
· Transition activity to the new operating model would begin in April 2014
· New pricing schedule commences October 2014
· Full operation of the delivery model in place by January 2015
Reason: To secure the core operational ICT support for the next 5 years with Serco (section 5 of the report refers).
(Key decision – reference number 3708)