A report from the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services is attached. This seeks approval to the disposal of Chase Farmstead (part). (Report No.43, agenda part two also refers) (Key decision – reference number 3970)
(8.30 – 8.35 pm)
Councillor Andrew Stafford (Cabinet Member for Finance) introduced the report of the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services (No.41) seeking approval to the sale of Chase Farmstead (Part) as detailed in the report.
1. That Report No.43 also referred as detailed in Minute No.18 below.
2. The extensive discussions which had taken place over a significant period of time. A resolution had now been reached as set out in this report and Report No.43.
Alternative Options Considered: The Council could not conclude the sale on acceptable terms. The alternative option was to withdraw from negotiations.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed
1. To conclude the sale of Chase Farmstead in accordance with the Cabinet authority previously given.
2. To approve the construction of a Reed Bed within the tenancy of Chase and Slopers Pond Farm and the grant of appropriate rights thereto for the purchaser of Chase Farmstead and successors in title.
3. To approve the repairing terms negotiated in the event of certain conditions being met in respect of the southern access way.
Reason: To conclude the final agreed terms following the Cabinet decision of 15 September 2010.
(Key decision – reference number 3970)