A report from the Director of Regeneration and Environment is attached. This seeks endorsement of the Proposed Submission Central Leeside Area Action Plan for recommendation to full Council. (Key decision – reference number 3975)
Note: The Central Leeside Area Action Plan has been published on the Council’s website as a reference document.
(8.55 – 9.00pm)
Councillor Alan Sitkin (Cabinet Member for Economic Development) introduced the report of the Director – Regeneration and Environment (No.85) seeking endorsement of the Proposed Submission Central Leeside Area Action Plan.
1. That the Central Leeside Area Action Plan would form part of Enfield’s Local Plan and would deliver the spatial vision and land use strategy for this part of south east Enfield which included Meridian Water.
2. That the document had been endorsed by the Local Plan Cabinet Sub-Committee.
3. The process for the approval of the Proposed Submission Documents as set out in the report.
4. The commitment of the Council’s administration to the provision of balanced developments and the creation of housing and jobs in the Borough. The Central Leeside Area would include such major developments as Meridian Water, Edmonton Eco Park, Picketts Lock and regeneration of industrial estates.
5. Councillor George Savva, as the Associate Cabinet Member for the area, extended his congratulations to the Members and Officers involved and welcomed the proposals for this part of the Borough which would result in improving the quality of life for residents.
Alternative Options Considered: None – having an adopted and comprehensive planning framework for the area provided a basis for setting the area specific planning policies by which decisions on development could be guided. This was essential to support the Council’s regeneration programme, for on-going as well as future investment opportunities.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed
1. To endorse the Proposed Submission Central Leeside Area Action Plan.
2. That the Cabinet Member for Economic Development be authorised to agree the publication of the Sustainability Appraisal and Equality Impact Assessment of the Proposed Submission Central Leeside Area Action Plan.
3. That the Director of Regeneration and Environment be authorised to make appropriate changes to the Submission version of the Central Leeside Area Action Plan and undertake any further consultation required, in the run up to and during the public examination process into the document, in response to representations received, requests from the Planning Inspector and any emerging evidence, guidance or legal advice. Changes of a substantive nature would be considered by the Local Plan Cabinet Sub-Committee.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL to approve the Proposed Submission Central Leeside Area Action Plan for publication, and thereafter be subject to a statutory period of public consultation and submission to the Secretary of State for public examination.
Reason: To progress the proposed submission Central Leeside Area Action Plan.
(Key decision – reference number 3975)