17 BURY STREET WEST - DEVELOPMENT OPTIONS FOR THE FORMER PARKS DEPOT SITE, N9 9LA
A report from the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services and Director of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care is attached. This should be read in conjunction with Report No.115, agenda part one refers. (Key decision – reference number 3959)
(8.50 – 8.55 pm)
Councillor Ahmet Oykener (Cabinet Member for Housing and Estate Regeneration) introduced the report of the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services and Director of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care (No.116).
1. That Report No.115 also referred as detailed in Minute No.9 above.
2. That the principles and merits of the proposed scheme had been discussed in full as detailed in Minute No.9 above.
3. That the capital funding was subject to the approval of full Council.
4. That there was a typographical error in the report on the numbering of the recommendations. The decisions below set out the recommendations presented for agreement of the report.
5. That decision 2 below was an “in principle” decision.
6. The financial information set out within the report.
Alternative Options Considered: As set out in Report No.115, Minute No.9 above, and the details set out in section 5 of this report.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed
1. That subject to full Council approving the addition of the budget for the project in the capital programme in recommendation 2.1 of the part one report (No.115, detailed in Minute 9 above), to approve an initial budget of the sum detailed in recommendation 2.1 of this report (which was a part of the £33m project cost), and to authorise the project to proceed and that further expenditure of the remaining project budget would be subject to a further report to Cabinet.
2. To approve in principle the acquisition of the property detailed in recommendation 2.3 of the report, if agreed with the owners, and to delegate to the Cabinet Member for Finance with the Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services to negotiate and agree the Heads of Terms for the acquisition.
3. To note that the initial budget would be used to appoint consultants to assist in preparing scheme designs, feasibility studies, other investigations, site preparation and public consultation to support the preparation and submission of a planning application and appropriate documents to assist in the procurement of a developer/contractor and for land assembly purposes if required.
4. To note that the recommendations detailed in Report No.115 also referred (Minute No.9 above referred).
Reason: As set out in Report No.115, Minute No.9 above.
(Key decision – reference number 3959)