A report from the Director of Regeneration and Environment is attached. (Report No.202, agenda part two also refers) (Key decision – reference number 4261)
(8.55 – 9.00 pm)
Councillor Ahmet Oykener (Cabinet Member for Housing and Housing Regeneration) introduced the report of the Director – Regeneration and Environment (No.200).
1. That Report No.202 also referred as detailed in Minute No.22 below.
2. That the scheme would revitalise Ponders End High Street. Planning permission had now been granted subject to planning conditions and the completion of a section 106 agreement, as set out in the report. It was now possible to grant a lease for phase A and ensure commencement on site in March 2016. A start on site in March 2016 was imperative to securing Grant Funding from the Greater London Authority towards the cost of site assembly.
3. That the scheme would build on the success of other regeneration schemes in the Borough and would contribute to the provision of much needed housing in Enfield.
Alternative Options Considered: NOTED the alternative options considered as detailed in section 4 of the report and summarised as follows:
· Do Nothing
· Land Disposal
· Reduction in Affordable Housing Provision
· Value Engineering
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed to
1. Resolve to waive Condition C and Grant for Lease for Phase A of the Electric Quarter in accordance with the Agreement for Lease.
2. Note that in Granting for Lease for Phase A that the final land price would not be determined until 4 years after the Grant of Lease.
Reason: A start on site in March 2016 was imperative to securing Grant Funding from the Greater London Authority towards the costs of site assembly.
(Key decision – reference number 4261)