A report from the Chief Executive is attached. (Key decision – reference number 4330)
(8.20 – 8.25 pm)
Councillor Achilleas Georgiou (Deputy Leader) introduced the report of the Chief Executive (No.254) showing the latest available performance at the end of the third quarter of 2016/17.
1. For information only, the progress being made towards achieving the identified key priorities for Enfield. Councillor Georgiou highlighted a number of the indicators including the following:
· Housing and Homelessness: The number of households presenting as homeless had been sustained; there was likely to be further risk in the light of the Government’s welfare reform. The positive indicators relating to overall satisfaction with the repairs service provided by Council homes; and, the level of rent collected by Council homes were highlighted.
· Adult Social Care: The number of adults receiving secondary mental health services in employment had improved.
In response, Councillor Brett highlighted the training that had been given to front-line staff from the Department of Work and Pensions, with regard to mental health issues. This had had positive results.
· Arts and Culture: A number of the positive performance indicators in this area were noted. However, it was further noted that the number of library users was reducing.
· Planning: The number of major planning applications that had been processed within 13 weeks had reduced. Members were advised of the reasons for this and assurance provided that the annual target of 80% should be met.
· Waste, Recycling and Cleanliness: The positive indicators with regard to recycling rates were highlighted.
· Sport and Leisure: Members were pleased to note that a number of the indicators in this area were being exceeded.
Alternative Options Considered: Not to report regularly on the Council’s performance. This would make it difficult to assess progress made on achieving the Council’s main priorities and to demonstrate the value for money being provided by Council services.
Reason: To update Cabinet on the progress made against all key priority performance indicators for the Council.