A report from the Executive Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services will be circulated as soon as possible. (Key decision – reference number 4547)
(8.35 – 8.40 pm)
Councillor Dino Lemonides (Cabinet Member for Finance and Efficiency) introduced the report of the Executive Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services (No.114) setting out the Council’s revenue budget monitoring position based on information to the end of October 2017.
1. That the revenue budget forecast remained at an outturn position of £5.6m overspend for 2017/18.
2. The £500k costs that had been incurred to deal with traveller incursions as set out in Appendix A2 of the report.
3. The continued demands on services within Health, Housing and Adult Social Care and Children’s Services as set out in Appendices A4 and A5. There had been a slight improvement in the Schools Budget (Dedicated Schools Grant), as detailed in the report, Appendix A6.
4. The Executive Management Team was continuing to take action to mitigate the forecast overspends.
Alternative Options Considered: Not applicable to this report.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed to note:
1. The £5.6m overspend revenue outturn projection.
2. That Cabinet Members would continue to work with Executive Directors to implement action plans to reduce the forecast overspend in 2017/18.
3. The mitigating actions proposed to date by Executive Directors of overspending departments as set out in Appendix A to the report.
Reason: To ensure that Members were aware of the projected budgetary position, including all major budget pressures and underspends which had contributed to the present monthly position and that were likely to affect the final outturn.
(Key decision – reference number 4547)