A report from the Executive Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services is attached. (Key decision – reference number 4581)
(9.00 – 9.05 pm)
Councillor Dino Lemonides (Cabinet Member for Finance and Efficiency) introduced the report of the Executive Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services (No.119) seeking approval for the sale of Southgate House, and the associated former caretaker’s detached house.
1. That it was considered in the Council’s overall best interests to sell, subject to the receipt of satisfactory financial offers, given the maintenance and security liabilities and in order to assist in funding capital spending.
2. That these properties had been acquired in 2016 as part of the purchase of the former Minchenden School site for the provision of a new autistic secondary school, as detailed in paragraph 1.2 and section 3 of the report.
3. The planning constraints that would apply to a Grade 2 listed building.
Alternative Options Considered: NOTED, that retention of the property would incur an increasing and substantial maintenance and management liability, and significant ongoing security and protection costs. The Council did not require the building for its own purposes or occupation and the disposal could achieve a worthwhile contribution to assist Council finances.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed
1. That approval be given in principle to the disposal of Southgate House, High Street, Southgate, N14.
2. To delegate the method of sale and the approval of agreed terms of sale to the Cabinet Member for Finance and Efficiency in consultation with the Executive Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Services.
Reason: Potential disposal of the property was recommended as being in the Council’s best financial interests, and to reduce current “holding” costs.
(Key decision – reference number 4581)