To receive the report of the Principal Licensing Officer in respect of the Gambling Act 2005 – Enfield’s Policy, seeking approval of:
1. Approval of revised Gambling Policy & Casino Resolution
2. Approval of revised Massage & Special Treatment Conditions
To receive the report of the Principal Licensing Officer in respect of the Licensing Act 2003 – Enfield’s Policy, seeking approval of the 6th Edition.
RECEIVED the report of the Principal Licensing Officer.
1. The introduction by Ellie Green (Principal Licensing Officer) that the committee was invited to discuss the 6th Edition of the Council’s Licensing Policy Statement.
2. The Council had a statutory duty to review the policy every five years and that time had now come around.
3. The opportunity had been taken to review borough statistics and crime statistics, legal updates and responsible agencies, and general terminology.
4. Updated crime and noise data relating to the Cumulative Impact Policy (CIP) areas was set out in Annex 1 and 2, trying to match up like for like. There was no strong evidence regarding removal of any CIP areas at this stage. However, there was awareness of the night time economy and a need for review of the CIP areas in partnership with the Police.
5. The Licensing Policy Statement could also be reviewed at any time outside the five year time frame.
6. The appropriate public consultation took place on the review of the Licensing Policy Statement. As only minor changes to the policy were proposed, it was not surprising there were only two responses. Those comments were incorporated into the policy statement where appropriate.
7. The next step would be approval of the Licensing Policy Statement by full Council at its next meeting in November, before implementation by January 2020.
8. It was also sought for Licensing Committee to resolve not to adopt the sexual entertainment venues licensing provisions, as set out in Annex 7.
9. In response to Members’ queries regarding potential for a late night levy, it was advised that would require separate consultation, but may be usefully included within the proposed review of the CIP areas, with a future report to Licensing Committee. The Chair also suggested Member involvement in the review, with Councillors Levy and Steven nominated.
(1) Approve the minor changes in the 6th Edition of the licensing policy Licensing Act 2003, including not to adopt the sexual entertainment venues licensing provisions, as set out in Annex 7.
(2) Progress a review of the Cumulative Impact Policy (CIP) areas, as discussed.