To receive the report of the Director of Law and Governance providing an explanation of the Internal Audit Report on Commissioning (Brokerage) and actions taken.
To receive the report of the Director of Law & Governance presenting the Information Governance Board’s yearly update 2019/20 and the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Received an update report presenting the IGB annual report 2019/20 including GDPR implementation update.
1. The update was presented by Jayne Middleton Albooye, Head of Legal Services.
2. This was just an update and the reason why it was not presented in a proper report format. The reason being is that Jayne Middleton Albooye was trying to synchronise it so that the proper report comes to the committee at the end of the financial year but after the 5 March 2020 committee meeting.
3. As detailed at page 11 of the report, the data protection officer’s update. As regards data breaches, only 2 had been reported to the ICO and they required no further action.
As detailed at the 2nd table (page 11) of the report, highlights the types of incidents reported over a 12-month period.
4. There was also a requirement by GDPR to list all processing activities and to provide impact assessments on any high level/high risk processing activities, as detailed at the bottom of page 11 of the report.
5. The Information Governance Board (IGB) meets every month and the above is reported there. The Data Protection Officer also attends, who is independent of the Council.
6. As detailed at page 12 of the report, two tables highlighting details of FOI and SARs requests.
AGREED to note the update to the IGB Annual Performance 2019/20 and GDPR.