RECOMMENDATION: That subject to the recommendations as set out in the report, the Head of Development Management / the Planning Decisions Manager subject to the completion of a section 106 legal agreement be authorised to Grantplanning permission subject to conditions.
WARD: Edmonton Green
1. The introduction by Claire Williams, Planning Decisions Manager, clarifying the proposal.
2. This application seeks planning permission for the redevelopment of site including the erection of a 5 storey block of 24 self-contained flats with parking at ground floor and partial demolition of existing church for the erection of a new 3 storey Church building involving vehicular access off Brettenham Road.
3. It has been concluded by an independent viability consultant that the scheme is unable to viably provide an affordable housing contribution. It is proposed to secure a review mechanism within the s106 legal agreement to ensure where viable, an affordable housing contribution is secured. The s106 will also secure that the church is delivered to avoid the residential units being provided and sold without the delivery of the new church.
4. The proposal would make a positive contribution to the character and appearance of the area. It would not impact on neighboring residential amenity or result in an unacceptable impact on highway safety or the free flow of traffic. The scheme would provide a community facility on the site that is modern and accessible for members of the local community and the church. Furthermore, the scheme would provide additional residential units for the borough which would meet minimum space standards.
5. The scheme would be CIL liable which would result in a Mayoral CIL contribution of £86,653.72 and an Enfield CIL contribution of £173,307.44.
6. Members’ debate and questions responded to by officers.
7. Members concern with the application regarding the lack of affordable housing, the housing mix of too many 1 & 2 bedroom units, lack of larger accommodation and more blue badge spaces and electric charging points,
8. The majority support of the Committee for the officers’ recommendation with 10 votes for and 2 abstentions.
AGREED that subject to the recommendations as set out in the report, the Head of Development Management/the Planning Decisions Manager, subject to the completion of a Section 106 legal agreement, be authorised to Grant planning permission subject to conditions.
RECOMMENDATION: That in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992, planning permission be deemed to be Granted subject to conditions.
WARD: Winchmore Hill
1. At this point, Councillor Bedekova left the virtual meeting while this application was considered and took no part in the discussion or vote.
2. The introduction by Claire Williams, Planning Decisions Manager, clarifying the proposal.
3. The unanimous support of the Committee for the officers’ recommendation.
AGREED that in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Town & Country Planning General Regulations 1992, planning permission be deemed to be granted subject to conditions.