RECOMMENDATION: That in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992, planning permission be deemed to be Granted.
WARD: Edmonton Green
1. The introduction by Claire Williams, Planning Decisions Manager, clarifying the proposals.
2. The proposed plans and elevations, omitted from the original report, had been circulated to Members.
3. The unanimous support of the committee for the officers’ recommendation.
AGREED that in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992, planning permission be deemed to be granted, subject to the conditions set out in the report.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Head of Development Management / the Planning Decisions Manager be authorised to grant planning permission subject to conditions.
1. The introduction by David Gittens, Planning Decisions Manager, clarifying the proposals.
2. The deputation of Stephanos Ioannou, member of Enfield Council but speaking as a local resident, against the recommendation.
3. The response by Jennie Harris (Smith Jenkins Ltd, agent for the applicant).
4. Members’ debate and questions responded to by officers.
5. Members’ concerns and comments including discussion on the design of the building and its contribution to the character and appearance of the surrounding area.
6. A motion proposed by Councillor Rye, seconded by Councillor Anderson, that planning permission be refused for reasons relating to the design and appearance of the proposed dwelling, was supported by majority of the committee, 11 votes for and 1 abstention.
AGREED that planning permission be refused for the reason below.
The proposed dwelling, due to its design and appearance, would result in the introduction of an incongruous and discordant form of development, detrimental to and out of keeping with the existing character and appearance of the street scene and surrounding area. This would be contrary to Policies DMD 6, 7, 8 and 37 of the adopted Development Management Plan, Policy CP30 of the Core Strategy, Policy 3.5 of the adopted London Plan and Policy D4 of the Publication London Plan (2020).