Venue: Room 1, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
Contact: Stacey Gilmour
WELCOME & APOLOGIES
Councillor Levy welcomed all attendees to the meeting. It was noted that Councillor Hass Yusuf was substituting for Councillor Tolga Aramaz. Apologies for absence had been received from Councillor Lee David-Sanders who had unfortunately been delayed by traffic.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of the Council are invited to identify any disclosable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non-pecuniary interests relevant to the items on the agenda.
To receive and consider a report from the Director of Law and Governance outlining details of a call-in received on the Operational Decision taken on Commercial & Financial Advisor Procurement Award (Report No: 116).
The decision that has been called in was an Operational Decision taken on 17 September 2018 and included on the Publication of Decision List No: 27/18-19 (List Ref:1/27/18-19) issued on 12 October 2018.
It is proposed that consideration of the call-in be structured as follows:
· Brief outline of the reasons for the call-in by representative (s) of the members who have called in the decision
· Response to the reasons provided for the Call-in by the person responsible for taking the decision
· Debate by Overview and Scrutiny Committee and agreement of action to be taken
Please also see the Part 2 agenda
The Committee received a report from the Director of Law and Governance outlining details of a call-in received on the operational decision taken by the Executive Director, Place on the Commercial & Financial Advisor Procurement Award.
NOTED that this report was considered in conjunction with the information in the part 2 agenda.
All the discussion on this item took place in the part 2 section of the meeting.
DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS
· Thursday 6 December 2018
· Thursday 20 December 2018
· Tuesday 15 January 2019
· Thursday 7 February 2019
· Tuesday 12 March 2019
· Tuesday 26 March 2019
· Thursday 11 April 2019
The Overview & Scrutiny Budget Meeting will be held on:
· Thursday 31 January 2019
There is a Call in meeting scheduled for Monday 19th November at 6:15pm
Please note, the business meetings of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee will
be held on:
· Tuesday 12 February 2019
· Wednesday 3 April 2019
Noted the dates as follows:
Thursday 6 December, 2018
Thursday 20 December, 2018
Tuesday 15 January 2019
Thursday 7 February 2019
Tuesday 12 March 2019
Tuesday 26 March, 2019
Thursday 11 April, 2019
The business meetings of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee:
Tuesday 12 February, 2019
Wednesday 3 April, 2019
The Overview & Scrutiny Budget Meeting:-Thursday 31 January 2019.
EXCLUSION OF PRESS & PUBLIC
Local Government Act 1972 excluding the press and public from the meeting
for the item of business listed in Part 2 of the agenda on the grounds that it
will involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in those
paragraphs of Part 1 Schedule 12A to the Act (as amended by the Local
Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006), as are listed on
the agenda (Please note there is a Part 2 agenda).
Resolved in accordance with the principles of Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to exclude the press and public from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of the Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act (as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006.
PART 2 AGENDA CALL IN OF REPORT: COMMERCIAL & FINANCIAL ADVISOR PROCUREMENT AWARD
Attached for consideration as part of the Call-in on this item, is the Part 2 Operational report considered as part of the decision made on 17 September 2018.
The report should be read in conjunction with the Operational report attached at Appendix 1 to the Call-In report on the part 1 agenda.
(This document contains exempt information as defined in Paragraph 3 (information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 as amended).
Please see the Part 1 agenda.
The Committee received the information provided on the Commercial & Financial Advisor Procurement Award which had been included in the part 2 section of the agenda.
· Only one bidder (Bidder A) had come forward from the mini tender from a total of twelve companies on the Crown Commercial Services (CCS) framework. Clarity around the procurement of this award was requested as to why the other companies on the framework had not submitted tenders.
· Bidder A had been carrying out work for the local authority.
· Finance for the future of the contract.
The response of Peter George (Director Meridian Water), Jennifer Price (Principal Development Manager)
Questions and comments addressed from members of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee:
· Councillor Smith asked if it would have been possible for three or four companies to be asked to tender for this work from the ‘framework’. He felt this would have encouraged more companies to tender. Jennifer Price stated that it is not possible to do this, as regulations state that all companies on the framework must be invited to tender. Councillor Smith asked for further information on the procurement process regarding use of the framework contractors.
Peter George supplied the following information as a post meeting note –
(When undertaking a call off from a framework agreement using the further competition route the Framework Agreement criteria states that we must invite all the suppliers on the Framework Agreement Lot to participate.
Undertaking a mini competition ensures that additional cost savings are possible, our requirements can be further refined over and above the basic contract terms to ensure achieving best value for money for our specific requirement. Following the Framework Agreement procedures ensures that the EU Treaty-based principles, including equal treatment, transparency and non-discrimination are adhered to.)
· It was asked if officers were satisfied with the company that had been successful in winning the contract. Officers confirmed that they were ... view the full minutes text for item 850.