Agenda and draft minutes

Audit and Risk Management Committee
Wednesday, 19th June, 2019 7.00 pm

Venue: Conference Room, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions

Contact: Metin Halil 

Items
No. Item

67.

WELCOME AND APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Minutes:

Councillor Mahym Bedekova (Chair) welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

Jayne Middleton-Albooye clarified the Chair/Vice Chair appointments. The Vice Chair is an appointment of Full Council and that will take place at the 10 July Full Council meeting, in the same way that the Chair was appointed at full council.

Members pointed out that many official appointments are made at Full Council but the decision is made elsewhere.

Jayne Middleton-Albooye further clarified that names are put up to Full Council and then these are ratified by full council.

As the Vice Chair item was not on the agenda for this meeting, clarification of the process would be heard at the 4 July 2019 Committee meeting.

 

Apologies for absence was received from Councillor Akpinar and Councillor Demirel.

 

There was a new members’ induction/training event before the start of the scheduled Committee meeting. (18:30 – 19:00). Presentations were given from Finance, Internal Audit and External Audit.

 

The presentation slides will be circulated to Members.

(ACTION: Metin Halil (Committee Administrator)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

68.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

Members of the Audit & Risk Management Committee are invited to identify any dis-closable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non – pecuniary interests relevant to items on the agenda.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

 

 

69.

AUDIT & RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE PROTOCOL REPORT ON THE DRAFT STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS - 19:05 - 19:15 pdf icon PDF 102 KB

To receive a report from the Director of Law and Governance, providing a Protocol Guidance on Conduct and Objection to the Draft Accounts.

(Report No.35)

 

(TO FOLLOW)

 

Minutes:

RECEIVED the report of the Director of Law and Governance (No.35) providing an update of protocol guidance on conduct and objection to the unaudited Statement of Accounts 2018/19.

 

The Report was introduced by Jayne Middleton-Albooye (Head of Legal Services).

 

NOTED

 

1.    The protocol report comes to the Audit & Risk Management Committee yearly and is just for approval.

2.    This report outlines the protocol, which will assist the Council in how it deals with any objections/queries in respect of the approved accounts.

3.    The report is self-explanatory and the key is it is there to encourage effective scrutiny and to avoid duplication of work by the external auditor.

4.    Nothing in the protocol is intended to deprive any member, acting as an elector, of their statutory rights to object or raise an enquiry to the accounts.

5.    The protocol is self-explanatory and is standard format of what Councils’ do. So we have clarity for all that are involved with the accounts and how the council deals with objections as they arise.

6.    The following issues raised in response to the report:

a.     Members requested that given the volume of paperwork within the draft accounts and the given 5 days was quite tight to read the report, they would appreciate looking at the draft accounts a few days earlier if possible. The Head of Legal clarified that generally, the current constitution states that the agenda be published 5 working days in advance.

b.    Matt Bowmer (Interim Director of Finance) apologised for paragraphs 3.3 and 3.6 of the report which showed last years respective dates:

·         Paragraph 3.3 should have stated 19 June 2019

·         Paragraph 3.6 should say 4 July 2019

c.    Members referred to paragraph 1.3 of the report and questioned if the report was a new protocol or a review of a protocol as it presently alluded to the fact that it is a new protocol. The Head of Legal clarified that the report was reviewed last year and each year should be a review as it would be open to the committee to provide comments on it. It is not a new review, the review had happened a few years ago. It was agreed to amend paragraph 1.3 to say the report is an annual review so it did not appear as a new paper.

ACTION: Metin Halil (Committee Administrator).

 

AGREED that Audit and Risk Management Committee formally approve the protocol guidance to the draft accounts.

 

70.

UNAUDITED STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2018/19 & DRAFT ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT - 19:15 - 19:30 pdf icon PDF 249 KB

To receive the report of the Acting Executive Director Resources presenting the Draft Annual Statement of Accounts 2018/19 and the Draft Annual Governance Statement 2018/19.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RECEIVED the report of the Acting Executive Director of Resources (No.34) presenting the unaudited Annual Statement of Accounts for the 2018/19 financial year and the draft Annual Governance Statement 2018/19.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Tim Harlock (Interim Chief Accountant) and Paul Reddaway (Head of Finance Pensions Investments).

2.    Officers were presenting the draft Statement of Accounts at this meeting and were not expecting detailed questions on the content of the draft statements. Officers’ would go through the process so Members would understand and would be able to examine and scrutinise the document.

3.    The single entity accounts were completed by 31 May 2019 and the group accounts on 10 June 2019.

4.    Questions from Members would be answered at the 4 July 2019 discussion meeting of the 2018/19 draft Statement of Accounts. Officers asked if questions from members could be sent in writing by the 28 June 2019 to them.

5.    Since the production of the statement of accounts, Finance have had BDO (external auditors) on site since the 3 June 2019 and have met, on a daily basis with officers. This is to ensure that BDO are receiving the appropriate information they need and that documents are getting through to the external auditors. Officers had identified several errors in the accounts and have informed BDO about these for transparency.

6.    At this stage the documents are draft accounts and will go through the process of audit. Once BDO have finished with them, that is when they become final accounts and get presented back to the Committee on the 25 July 2019 and ask Members to conclude and sign them off.

7.    Paul Reddaway clarified the draft Pension fund accounts. Officers had kept to the same timetable and had submitted the draft Pension Fund accounts on the 31 May 2019. They had already been presented to the Pension Committee a week ago for consideration. The draft Pension Fund accounts would also be heard at the Pension Board for their consideration. They will then be presented back to the Audit & Risk Management Committee on the 25 July 2019 for the committees’ opinion. Paul Reddaway expects to complete the draft Pension Fund Accounts 2018/19 by 16 July 2019.

8.    The Chair mentioned that ahead of last year’s corresponding meeting on the 5 July 2018, a training session, for members, on the draft statement of accounts was held. If members found that helpful, Finance could arrange a similar session ahead of the 4 July 2019 meeting as additional support. Fay Hammond (Acting Executive Director Resources) requested that any questions Members may have, should be sent in writing to Finance Officers by Friday 28 June 2019, as officers would then be better equipped to answer those. Questions could also be answered at the 4 July 2019 meeting aswell, including up until the Statement of Accounts are signed off by the 20 July 2019.

Members agreed that a training session would be useful but requested that the training session be held  ...  view the full minutes text for item 70.

71.

BDO - PROGRESS REPORT 2018/19 - 19:30 - 19:40 pdf icon PDF 156 KB

To receive from BDO (external auditors) a progress report on the external audit 2018/19.

 

Minutes:

RECEIVED from BDO (external auditors) the 2018/19 External Audit Progress report to 11 June 2019.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Lucy Trevett (BDO).

2.    This is BDO’s progress report and where they are, having completed the interim audit back in February/March 2019. As detailed on page 113 of the report, the table illustrates BDO’s progress, where work has been completed and previously reported to the Committee. The key completion and reporting dates are also noted within the table.

3.    As detailed on pages 114-115, the Audit progress 2018/19 which details the planning letter, Audit plan, Interim visit and the final audit visit.

In terms of the interim visit by BDO in March 2019, the vast majority of work had been completed with a few parts of work outstanding.

In terms of BDO’s final audit visit, they had received the draft final statements by 31 May 2019. However, it did not include the group accounts and therefore received a rag rating of amber. Although BDO had not started the work on the group accounts they did need the accounts to re-calculate the materiality levels.

4.    BDO had also identified a number of material adjustments which will be made to the accounts and which will impact on the materiality calculations and level of work BDO have to do.

5.    Although BDO had completed most of the work at the interim visit, there were a number of documents, BDO had requested, they had not received particularly around IT general controls work. A number of key working papers were requested 3 June 2019, which had not been provided. Most of these had now been provided albeit a week late.

6.    In terms of the Whole of Government Accounts, this work would be done, and a review undertaken during the financial statements audit at the final audit visit.

7.    In terms of Use of Resources work, BDO were in the process now of updating work on the significant risks. BDO had attended a strategic liaison meeting on the 3 June 2019 and are in the process of updating their assessment of the Council’s arrangements, financial out-turn and updates to the 2019/20 budget, medium term financial plan and Meridian Water Project. The Audit Certificate, as detailed at page 117 of the report had been given an amber rating.

8.    The following questions and queries raised in response to the report:

a.    Councillor David-Sanders asked for confirmation that the Audit Letter would be received at the 25 July 2019 Committee meeting but no sooner than that. Lucy Trevett clarified that BDO would be presenting the Audit Letter at the 25 July 2019 Committee meeting. BDO would know at that meeting all work that is outstanding.

b.    Members questioned if the deadline of 31 July 2019 for the Audit Certificate will be achieved despite an amber rating. Lucy Trevett clarified that they are hoping to achieve that and were working closely with Tim Harlock (Interim Chief Accountant) in order to quickly resolve any issues BDO find.  ...  view the full minutes text for item 71.

72.

IGB ANNUAL PERFORMANCE YEAR END UPDATE 2018/19 & GDPR IMPLEMENTATION - 19:40 - 19:50 pdf icon PDF 246 KB

To receive the report of the Director of Law & Governance presenting the Information Governance Board’s year end annual performance update 2018/19 and the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

(Report No.)

 

(TO FOLLOW)

 

 

 

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Received the report of the Director of Law and Governance presenting the IGB annual report 2018/19 including GDPR implementation update.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was introduced by Jayne Middleton-Albooye (Head of Legal Services) and was to update members on the work of the Information Governance Board (IGB) that Jayne Chairs.

2.    The report sets out the work of the IGB. Last year was very important for the IGB as GDPR came into force and the whole of the previous year, officers were preparing for this and has now been implemented since May 2018.

3.    Assurance was given that the Council has complied with achieving GDPR and that information governance systems across the Council are looked at regularly including any data breaches.

GDPR is important in many ways but not least because it introduced a high level of fines and some councils have already started to receive those fines. Fortunately, this council has kept out of that so far. However, you can now have breaches of up to 4% of your turnover, which would not be a good situation to be in for this council.

4.    As detailed at paragraph 3.3 of the report, which states that part of GDPR was required to bring in a data protection officer (DPO). This officer must be independent of the Council and report to the highest level of the Council. The DPO takes a report each year to Cabinet, on his work. He must be an expert in his field and adequately resourced. The DPO attends IGB aswell, to give advice, review policies, implement training, etc. Training is important, because if the Council did have a breach, it would be then to show the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) that the Council has mitigating measures in place and may then assist in saying something has been done. This may lead to a less than expected fine or nothing at all. The Council has very compliance with GDPR training. There is also a cyber security module, which is mandatory for all staff.

There has also been an audit of compliance with GDPR and have been provided with an overall reasonable assurance, as detailed at paragraph 3.5 of the report. Internal audit had found 4 medium risks and 3 low risks.

5.    The Council also has a security working group, which feeds into IGB, and meet separately. They deal with systems and security breaches and provide updates to IGB to show an overall picture of any incidents. They also produce an annual report and as detailed at paragraph 3.6 of the report, the table details the breakdown of data breach incidents. There had been 59 breaches of data loss and of these only 3 were reported to the ICO.

6.    As detailed at paragraph 3.7, three annual reports are attached.

7.    The following questions and queries raised in response to the report:

a.    As detailed at page 20, bullet point 3, Contribution towards extension adaptations means that the Council may have a disabled property and may have  ...  view the full minutes text for item 72.

73.

DRAFT ANNUAL SCHOOLS INTERNAL AUDIT LETTER 2018/19 - 19:50 - 20:00 pdf icon PDF 491 KB

To receive a report from the Director of Law and Governance providing The draft Annual Schools Internal Audit Letter 2018/19.

(Report No.30)

 

Minutes:

RECEIVED a report from the Director of Law and Governance presenting the Draft Annual Schools Internal Audit Letter 2018/19.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Gemma Young (Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management).

2.    The Annual Schools Audit Letter is prepared yearly and goes out to Head Masters and other schools’ personnel. The audit team also attend meetings with Headmasters and risk managers to go through the findings.

3.    The team carried out 13 schools’ audits in 2018/19 and of those 3 were substantial, 7 were reasonable, 2 limited and 1 with no assurance. The number of actions raised had declined from 206 (2015/16) to 145 (2018/19). The prime areas of concern remain with controls around procurement and income.

4.    The team set everything out in the letter but essentially, they have had issues around governance, finance returns, contracts and purchasing – as detailed at pages 7-10 of the report.

5.    The team would continue their schools’ audits for next year.

6.    The following questions and queries raised in response to the report:

a.    Peter Nwosu (Independent Member) wanted to understand the framework of this schools’ audit letter, and the accountability. Gemma Young clarified that the team always follow these up and they always go to the governing body. So, it is the governing body of each school that is accountable. The team did not audit school academies as have a different regime and report directly to the Department of Education. There funding is also different. But main frame schools are funded by Local Authorities, so the council has a responsibility to monitor that funding.

Ultimately it is the governing bodies and often audit is a wakeup call for schools governing bodies. Schools governors are often surprised at how accountable they are for funding. Schools are audited every 2-3 years.

 

 

AGREED to note the contents of the draft letter due to be issued to Headteachers, Chairs of Governors and Chairs of Finance Committees and the issues raised in the letter and provide comment on this draft letter.

 

74.

CORPORATE RISK REGISTER - 20:00 - 20:15 pdf icon PDF 293 KB

To receive a report from the Director of Law and Governance providing a Corporate Risk Registers update.

(Report No.29)

 

Minutes:

RECEIVED a report from the Director of Law and Governance, presenting the Corporate Risk Register.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Gemma Young (Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management).

2.    This was the first time the Corporate Risk Register had been presented to the committee. Previously, there was always directorate-based risk registers. There had been a lot of input from Executive Directors, Directors and Heads of Service into the Corporate Risk Register. Gemma Young intends to bring the Corporate Risk Register every quarter to the Committee.

3.    The Risk Register contained the overall immediate risks for the Council, and underneath, sit operational risks. Gemma Young presented the Council’s immediate Corporate risks as detailed on pages 151-155 of the report.

4.    The following questions and queries raised in response to the report:

a.    Councillor Gunawardena referred to the two risks marked as high and asked what the mitigations were for these.

Gemma Young clarified the mitigations for the following current high risks:

 

·         CR01 – Budget Management – Finance have many mitigations in place for budget management i.e. using Horizon scanning which supports the process of building organisational resilience and is one part of a suite of tools which can help practitioners understand and prepare for future risks. The Brexit plan which considers a separate Brexit risk register and considers what the financial impact that Brexit may have. The team could try to mitigate this further, but no one knows what settlement there will be with Brexit and what will happen in 3 years. So much is outside of our control and that is why it remains a high risk.

 

·         CR11 – Housing – This risk remains high because of the huge ambitions the authority has in terms of housing and the associated risks. An example of this is the Meridian Water project which is earmarked for 10,000 units of housing and despite the mitigations in place it remains a high risk to deliver all the units required.

b.    The Chair asked how often the Corporate Risk Register is updated and how is each potential risk allocated to an officer. Gemma Young clarified that the big risks tend to be owned by the Executive Directors, but there are operational risks sitting underneath these that will be owned by Heads of Service and officers below that. In terms of review, it will be looked at by the Assurance Board, chaired by the Chief Executive, every quarter. However, before that happens, Gemma Young would be sending the Corporate Risk Register round to all Executive Directors to see if there are any updates. The team also plan to attend departmental meetings as well on a twice year basis. This is to see what may be emerging i.e. if risk is still relevant, to change the rating, etc. So, these risks are reviewed quarterly by the Assurance Board and quarterly by the Audit & Risk Management Committee and are continuously being updated.

c.    In response to Councillor Gunawardena’s enquiry about CR11 – Housing risk and the  ...  view the full minutes text for item 74.

75.

COUNTER FRAUD SERVICE ANNUAL REPORT 2018/19 - 20:15 - 20:25 pdf icon PDF 274 KB

To receive a report from the Director of Law and Governance providing the Counter Fraud Service Annual Report 2018/19.

(Report No.31)

 

 

 

Minutes:

RECEIVED a report from the Director of Law and Governance, presenting the Counter Fraud Service Annual Report.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Gemma Young (Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management) and was the Annual report of the Counter Fraud team who prevent and detect fraud throughout the year.

2.    Overall, the team have identified   overpayments of £3.85M which is an increase of 60% over from the previous year (2017/18).

3.    The team had done a lot of work on Council housing, Right to Buy (RTB) and No recourse to public funds (NRTPF). Counter Fraud (CF) had supported Council housing and temporary accommodation teams in recovering over 100 properties.

4.    The CF team had denied 30 RTB applications equating to £3M. Often with denied RTBs other types of fraud are uncovered aswell i.e.  council tax fraud, housing benefit and sub-letting council properties.

5.    As detailed at Table A (pages 165-166 of the report), the section has levied 3 financial penalties for council tax fraud offences i.e. single person discount. As a result, 106 entitlements to single person discount were withdrawn and 3 financial penalties levied equating to £76k in income for the Council.

6.    In terms of the team’s pro-active exercises, a National Fraud Initiative (NFI) is currently being undertaken and the results will be reported back to the committee at the October 2019 meeting.

7.    The CF action plan has been in place throughout the year and includes a dedicated investigator within Children’s Services to look at every NRTPF claims that come in. This often uncovers safeguarding issues with claimants’ children. There are also 2 officers embedded within Council Housing and this arrangement seems to be working well.

8.    During 2018/19, the team had investigated 3 cases of whistleblowing.

9.    The following questions and queries raised in response to the report:

a.    Councillor David-Sanders commended Gemma Young for her good report. Outcomes were demonstrated, members could see monetary value behind the preventions and what the council is recovering. A good piece of work.

b.    The Chair enquired if the same targets are used every year. Gemma Young clarified that she now had an apprentice in the team with another in the new year so she would be well placed to stretch targets i.e. council housing may have a target of 75 as opposed to 60.

c.    The Chair asked how staff are trained and the policy delivered to officers as regards the whistle blowing policy. Gemma Young clarified that the policy is only on the Council web site and work needs to be done around the induction of staff and introducing them to counter fraud measures sooner. Gemma Young would like to encourage more staff to come forward where they have concerns. However, there had already been 3 cases of whistle blowing so far this year.

d.    Gemma Young responded to members regarding the resourcing of the CF team. The team were well resourced, including the arrival of 2 apprentices this year, but could always do with more  ...  view the full minutes text for item 75.

76.

INTERNAL AUDIT ANNUAL REPORT 2018/19 - 20:25 - 20:35 pdf icon PDF 1012 KB

To receive a report from the Director of Law & Governance presenting the Internal Audit Annual Report 2018/19.

(Report No.28)

Minutes:

RECEIVED a report from the Director of Law and Governance, presenting the Internal Audit Annual Report 2018/19.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Gemma Young (Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management).

2.    This year, the team had covered 60 subject areas and Gemma Young was satisfied that enough internal audit work had been undertaken to allow her to give an opinion of the advocacy and effectiveness of governance risk management control.

3.    The audit opinion for 2018/19 is that reasonable assurance can be placed on all these areas. Overall, a reasonable assurance is quite an achievement given the budgets and external factors.

4.    As detailed at page 74 of the report, the 2018/19 Internal Audit Assurances were 6% - substantial, 47% - Reasonable, 38% - Limited and 9% - No Assurance. This was only part of the basis for Gemma Young’s audit opinion.

5.    As detailed at page 175 of the report, issues identified from the 2018/19 audits were 0% - Critical, 14% - High, 43% medium and 43% Low.

6.    As detailed at the table on page 175, progress with management actions were 73% of high-risk actions and 72% of medium risk actions had been implemented. A slight deterioration from last year. The actions that were not implemented were all in progress and none were marked as ‘not implemented’.

7.    There was a reduction of 11 audit reviews from the agreed audit plan but 19 new assignments were added. On the subject of training and members referring matters to Gemma Young, members were encouraged to let Gemma Young know if they had any areas of concern, whether that be their own observations or through their constituents.

8.    As at the end of March 2019, the team had delivered 100% of the internal audit plan against the target of 95%.

9.    Through the year, Gemma Young had attended the Assurance Board, EMT meetings and many departmental meetings.

10. Internal Audit activity had conformed to the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS). There would be another independent review this year and would be reported back to the committee once it has been carried out by CIPFA.

11. The following questions and queries raised in response to the report:

a.    Councillor Barry was surprised with some of the audit findings and asked how normal that was or whether financial constraints were pushing some of these findings up. Gemma Young clarified that this was in line with other Local Authorities in London. The team try and work with officers to make reasonable recommendations that contain the main areas of risk. However, when key officers leave the Council, some areas do fall down.

b.    Councillor Barry enquired what sort of tracking  system the team use to follow up on recommendations so as to ensure they are dealt with and what processes does the section have. Gemma Young clarified that in terms of following up with recommendations made, the team follow up all the medium and high-risk recommendations. Recommendations not Implemented are bought to  ...  view the full minutes text for item 76.

77.

2019/20 INTERNAL AUDIT PLAN AND INTERNAL AUDIT CHARTER - 20:35 - 20:45 pdf icon PDF 330 KB

To receive a report from the Director of Law and Governance presenting the 2019/20 Internal Audit Plan and Internal Audit Charter.

(Report No.32)

Minutes:

RECEIVED the report from the Director of Law and Governance presenting the 2019/20 Internal Audit Plan and Internal Audit Charter.

 

NOTED

 

1.    The report was presented by Gemma Young (Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management).

2.    This report had come to the Committee in March 2019 as a draft audit plan. The audit plan has been put together from risk registers by seeing and discussing with Executive Directors, Heads of Service and Directors – what they think their key risks are.

The team also look at what has been looked at before over the past 3-4 years, what has not been looked at recently and services not based at the Civic Centre.

3.    The team also uses Horizon Scanning which helps to look at any big changes, legislative changes on the horizon in the year or any changes for a particular service area. CAKE  (cumulative auditor knowledge & experience) is also used by using officer experience and knowledge gained to provide answers to questions raised about the service over the previous year.

4.    As detailed at pages 217-223 of the report, Gemma Young drew members attention and clarified a few of the planned audits, as follows:

·         Contract Management

·         Risk Management

·         Complaints Handling

·         Commercialism

·         Financial Resilience

·         Early Years Payments

·         Mental Health

·         Meridian Water Project Governance

·         SEN Transport

·         Local Authorities Trading Companies Plan

·         Schools’

            The team are also looking at a large number of financial audits.

5.    The Internal Audit Charter 2019/20 is bought to Committee every year.

6.    The following questions raised in response to the report:

a.    Councillor Gunawardena queried the Local Authorities Trading Companies plan and asked if it covered joint ventures like Norse Ltd.  He asked, because Norse Ltd was subject of a recent Call-in by Members. Gemma Young clarified that Norse Ltd was covered by audit a couple of years ago and is not on the audit plan for 2019/20.

Councillor David-Sanders also clarified that the concerns were around company governance and what the Council were doing in terms of their side of the contract. Gemma Young agreed that she would include Norse Ltd into the Contract Management audit.

b.     Councillor David-Sanders asked if contract management covers where contract management sits within departments and how that’s governed from a point of contact within the Council to the contractor, etc. Gemma Young clarified that the team would be looking at things like:

·         How contracts are being managed.

·         What key performance indicators the team are receiving back.

·         Meetings and the formality of those meetings.

 

AGREED to provide comment and feedback on the contents of the 2019/20 Internal Audit Plan, to agree the 2019/20 Internal Audit Plan and Charter and to note that the plan will be subject to change during the year as the Council business and priorities change.

 

78.

AUDIT & RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE ANNUAL REPORT 2018/19 - 20:45 - 20:55

To receive a report from the Director of Law and Governance presenting the Audit & Risk Management Committee Annual Report 2018/19.

 

(TO FOLLOW)

Minutes:

This report will now be presented at the 25 July 2019 Committee meeting.

 

79.

MINUTES pdf icon PDF 212 KB

Audit & Risk Management Committee

 

a.         To receive and agree the minutes of the Audit Committee meeting held on Wednesday 6 March 2019 as a correct record.

 

b.         To note the update on actions identified at the last meeting.

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

AGREED that the minutes of the Audit Committee meeting dated 6 March 2019 be approved and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

80.

AUDIT & RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE WORK PROGRAMME 2019/20 pdf icon PDF 185 KB

The Committee is asked to agree the Work Programme put forward for the 2019/20 municipal year along with the timetabling of each issue on the Work Programme.

 

Minutes:

RECEIVED an outline work programme for the Committee covering the 2019/20 Municipal Year Committee.

 

NOTED

 

1.    Agreed to add CR11 – Housing risk to the Work Programme for report purposes.

 

AGREED to approve the outline work programme for 2019/20.

 

 

81.

DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS

To note the dates agreed for future meetings of the Audit & Risk Management Committee:

 

Thursday 4 July 2019

Thursday 25 July 2019

Thursday 17 October 2019

Thursday 16 January 2020

Thursday 5 March 2020

 

 

(All meetings to commence at 7.00pm unless otherwise agreed.)

 

 

Minutes:

To note the dates agreed for future meetings of the Audit & Risk Management Committee:

 

Thursday 4 July 2019

Thursday 25 July 2019

Thursday 17 October 2019

Thursday 16 January 2020

Thursday 5 March 2020

 

 

(All meetings to commence at 7.00pm unless otherwise agreed.)