Venue: Conference Room, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
WELCOME AND APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
1. Councillor Aksanoglu, Chair, welcomed all attendees.
2. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Bond, Boztas and Leaver, and from Dennis Stacey (Chair of CAG).
3. The Committee’s dissatisfaction with the failure of the Conference Room technology including microphones and screens. Officers would take this up with Facilities Management.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on Tuesday 15 October 2019.
AGREED that the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on Tuesday 15 October 2019 were agreed as a correct record.
To receive the covering report of the Head of Planning.
RECEIVED the report of the Head of Planning.
RECOMMENDATION: That subject to the completion of a S106 Agreement to secure the obligations as set out in the report, the Head of Development Management / the Planning Decisions Manager be authorised to grantplanning permission subject to conditions.
WARD: Winchmore Hill
1. The introduction by Kevin Tohill, Strategic Development Manager, clarifying the proposals.
2. Receipt of two further objections from local residents, circulated to members.
3. Layouts for all four residential floors circulated to members.
4. Members’ debate and questions responded to by officers.
5. On behalf of CAG, the main concern had been the shop front façade.
6. The support of the majority of the committee for the officers’ recommendation and additional conditions requested: 5 votes for and 3 votes against.
AGREED that subject to the completion of a S106 Agreement to secure the obligations as set out in the report, the Head of Development Management / the Planning Decisions Manager be authorised to grant planning permission subject to the conditions set out in the report and additional conditions below:
Prior to the completion of the external building works of the development, details of landscape screening to the rear of the building together with details of trees, shrubs, grass and all other soft landscaped areas of internal and external amenity spaces to be planted on the site shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The planting scheme shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details in the first planting season after completion or occupation of the development whichever is the sooner. Any planting which dies, becomes severely damaged or diseased within five years of planting shall be replaced with new planting in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To provide a satisfactory appearance and ensure that the development does not prejudice highway safety.
Crime Prevention Strategy
Notwithstanding the details of the development, hereby approved, a detailed crime prevention management and maintenance strategy detailing how the development will minimise opportunities for crime including details of a controlled access system, CCTV and external lighting shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to the first occupation of each phase of the development.
Reason: To ensure that the development protects community safety.
Prior to the commencement of building works above ground, detailed drawings to a scale of 1:20 to confirm the detailed design and materials of
a. Schedule and sample of materials used in all elevations;
b. Details of all windows and doors at scale 1:10, windows shall be set at least 115mm within window reveal scale 1:10;
c. Construction details of all external elements at 1:20 scale (including sections). This should include: entrances and exits, glazing, masonry, weathering and flashings, balustrades and parapets, roof, plant and plant screening, health and safety systems;
d. Full drawn details (1:20 scale elevations, 1:20 scale detailing) of all railings and gates (including hinges, fixings, locks, finials); and
e. Full details of the shop front (ground floor commercial unit) design, including schedule and sample of materials scale 1:20.
Shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to the commencement of development above ground herby permitted. The development shall thereafter be carried ... view the full minutes text for item 318.
PLANNING PANEL - UPDATE
1. Due to the general election on 12 December, and with the advice of the Monitoring Officer, it was decided that the Planning Panel for the Southgate Office Village application should be postponed and would be rescheduled in January 2020.
2. The next Planning Committee meeting scheduled for 26 November 2019 would proceed, and would be held at the Dugdale Centre.