Proposed venue: Dugdale Centre - Rooms 2 & 3, , 39 London Road, Enfield, EN2 6DS. View directions
Grange Ward Forum Notes
Apologies were noted
Update from The Grange Ward police Team
2 Non residential
Theft from motor vehicle – 11 + 1 vehicle interference
Theft of motor vehicle 5
Shoplifting – 6
Theft other – 13
Robbery – 4
Other offences –
Common assault/ABH/GBH – 7
Sexual assault – 1
1 x Possession of an offensive weapon in a public place
1 x Possession with intent to supply cannabis
1 x Burglary commercial
1 x Burglary residential
1 x Common assault
Residential – 5
Non residential – 0
Theft from motor vehicle – 8
Theft of motor vehicle – 2
Shoplifting – 7
Theft other – 7
Robberies – 5
Common assault/ ABH/ GBH - 7
1 x Shoplifting
1 x Assault on constable
1 x ABH
Questions from attendees
· Arrest rate vs Crime figures
· Screening out certain crimes
· Serious incidents and gang crime
· Merger with Harringey – No change to safer neighbourhoods team
· 2 extra officers for Sgt Bartlett in town area starting in Jan
· Increased risk of Burglaries as evenings draw in
· Fireworks issues with them being set off inappropriately.
· Initiative to tackle crimes, grass roots upwards.
· Observation about more police presence to provide a deterrent.
· Cllr Neville explained how he has questioned the legality of the traffic orders.
· This was followed by a discussion about the ongoing impact of Cycle Enfield.
Enfield Town Centre
· Worries about ability of LBE to get it sorted.
· Paper produced by the opposition party to Sept full Council was voted down by the administration. Paper was full of good ideas to improve Enfield Town
Events in Town Park
· Discussion of recent events and proposed future events. Balloon Festival and Oktoberfest
· Cllr Dey explained he had got the parks team to agree to consult key stakeholders when considering future events.
· The Town Park Flood alleviation scheme was discusssed
· Mini town show held at Salisbury House
The Proposed planning application for Bush Hill was discussed
· Cllrs’s explained that the funding formula has changed.
· Reduction in govt grant replaced by councils keeping business rates. This has resulted in more money for Enfield in each of the last 5 years.
Further discussion about this