Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Room 1, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR
To appoint a Chair of the Sub-Committee, for the remainder of the 2016/17 municipal year.
Councillor Brett was appointed as Chair of the Sub-Committee, for the remainder of 2016/17 municipal year.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for lateness were received from Councillor Krystle Fonyonga.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of the Sub-Committee are invited to identify any disclosable pecuniary, other pecuniary or non pecuniary interests relevant to items on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest registered in respect of any items on the agenda.
The Chair will consider the admission of any reports (listed on the agenda but circulated late) which have not been circulated in accordance with the requirements of the Council’s Constitution and the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Access to Information and Meetings) (England) Regulations 2012.
Note: The above requirements state that agendas and reports should be circulated at least 5 clear working days in advance of meetings.
NOTED that the reports listed on the agenda had been circulated in
accordance with the requirements of the Council’s Constitution and the Local
Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Access to Information and Meetings)
(England) Regulations 2012. These requirements state that agendas and
reports should be circulated at least five clear days in advance of meetings.
To receive a report from the Chief Executive.
Shaun Rogan, Head of Policy, Partnerships, Engagement and Consultation
and, Niki Nicolaou, Third Sector Development Team Manager, introduced the
report of the Chief Executive (No.245) to Members presenting the applications that had been submitted up to 22nd February 2017.
1. There are five areas of criteria the bids were required to particularly or fully cover to secure the funding. There are:
a) Reducing social isolation and exclusion
b) Encouraging Participation
c) Increasing Volunteering
d) Engaging communities in cultural events/activities that build local capacity
e) Innovation and working with new and emerging communities
2. The total amount of funding available for this year’s applications was £75,000.
3. The maximum value per project was £5,000.
1. The following applications were approved in full:
· Forty Hall Vineyard (ECSF202) - £5,000 – Building volunteering and developing skills for vulnerable and disadvantaged adults from the east of the borough
· Green Towers Luncheon Club (ECSF208) - £3,555 – Lunch club and drop in for Turkish Cypriot Elderly Community
· Gargaar Somali Welfare Association (ECSF213) - £4,440 – Older People advice project for Somali Community
· Enfield Bangladesh Welfare Association (ECSF214) - £5,000 – Enfield Mela Cultural Festival
· Enfield COPD Support Group (ECSF215) - £1,590 – Support and activities for people with lung conditions to improve health and wellbeing
· Enfield Vision (ECSF222) - £5,000 – Drop in facility for visually impaired
2. Conditional offers would offer the following amends:
· Enfield Cypriot Elderly & Disabled Group (ECSF207) - £5,000 – Additional activities and services for Greek Cypriot Elderly Community – further information confirming the number of volunteers involved in the project to be provided
· Wellbeing Connect Services (ECSF219) - £5,000 - Running school awareness and debates on mental health – written confirmation is required from the named schools partnership that participation has been agreed
· Christian Action Housing (ECSF223) - £4,605 – Youth gang led prevention programme – the offer is to match the funding being put forward by the delivery partner
· Godwin Lawson Foundation (ECSF229) - £4,500 – school based gang prevention project for girls – further information is required on the match funding referred to in the bid
· Face Front Inclusive Theatre (ECSF233) - £4,950 – Extension of an existing project – theatre project for vulnerable people – taking the project to the people – further information is required confirming hosting arrangements for the project
3. The following bids will be referred to the Mayors Charity Fund:
· Feith an Cheoil School of Traditional Irish Music (ECSF204) - £5,000 – New application from existing community. After school music activities outreach project
· Central African Youth in Enfield (ECSF205) - £5,000 – Focusses on teaching and supporting young people to learn to play musical instruments from disadvantaged families
4. The following bids were declined on this occasion:
· Every Parent & Child (ECSF209) - £5,000 – Volunteer key working pilot project for children and young people taking a holistic approach.
· DAZU (ECSF210) - £4,928 – Trips for young carers
· Carers Trust Lea Valley Crossroads Care Services (ECSF211) - £5,000 – Bereavement ... view the full minutes text for item 10.