A report from the Executive Director – Place is attached (Report No.35, agenda part one also refers). (Key decision – reference number 4717)
(This item will contain exempt information as defined in Paragraph 3 (information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person – including the authority holding that information) of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, as amended)
Councillor Nesil Caliskan (Leader of the Council) introduced the report of the Executive Director Place (No.40).
1. That Report No. 35, also referred as detailed in Minute No.15 above.
2. That the sale was voluntary and had not been subject to a compulsory purchase order.
Alternative Options Considered: NOTED, the alternative option considered as detailed in section 4 of the report.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed to
1. Approve the decision to invest a sum as detailed in recommendation 2.1 of the report, for the purchase and refurbishment of 4 Anthony Way, subject to completion of Sale Contract, and delegated authority to the Executive Director Place in consultation with the Executive Director Resources to authorise the completion of the sale and refurbishment proposals for the building, within this budget. This would be funded from the existing approved 2018/19 capital budget.
2. Recommendation 2.2 detailed in the part one report, Minute No.15 above referred.
3. Approve the expenditure of the budget which was broken down in the Table in section 6.1.4 of the report.
Reason: The reasons for the recommendations were set out in the part one report, Minute No.15 above referred.
(Key decision – reference number 4717)