The Mayor began by saying good evening and welcoming everyone to the last meeting of 2018. She continued to embrace her mayoral duties with great pride.
1. Engagements since the last meeting
1.1 Mayoral Events – The Mayor attended the following events:
· Sixth Annual MAD Golf event evening dinner
· Harvest Festival at Houndsfield Road
· Town Show at Salisbury House
· Forty Hall Exhibition
· KRATOS Chef School Event at Civic Centre
· Jobs, Apprenticeships and Careers Fair at Southbury Leisure Centre
· Production of Jekyll & Hyde at Millfield
· Supreme Boxing Club Charity Event
· Passing Moments Exhibition at Dugdale Centre on behalf of Patrick Samuel (Local Artist)
· Enfield Clubhouse AGM at Community House
· Visit to Clay Hill Singers Community Choir
· Silver Sunday Sanctuary Care Celebration
· Enfield Voluntary Action (EVA) AGM
· Lord Mayors Association Annual Civic Service in Westminster Abbey
· Annual London Boroughs Mayors Service St Pauls Cathedral
· Black History Month Event Dugdale
· Weekly Community Gathering for over 50’s at Kervan Restaurant
· Ruth Winston AGM
· Attended Ordnance Road Breakfast Club
· Bozca Der Charity 10th Anniversary
· Wellbeing Showcase Event
· Tour of Community House
· Rotary Club Lunch
· Crocus Planting at Forty Hall with Local School Children c/o Edmonton Rotary Club and Enfield Council Parks Dept.
· Tour of Claverings Industrial Estate CCTV Centre
· Loving Local Launch Event
· Remembrance Day Services
· Southgate Progressive 70th anniversary
· Age UK AGM
· Annual Long Service Awards
· Visit to Courbevoie
· Waverley Gateway Club 60th Anniversary
1.2 Deputy Mayoral Events - The Deputy Mayor attended the following events:
· 20th anniversary event at West Grove School
· Enfield Vision Focus Day
· Face Front Inclusive Theatre Production of “Whisper Me Happy Ever After”
· Bright Horizon’s Preschool Nursery Opening
· Windrush event at the Intimate Theatre
· Achievement Day at Ponders End Youth Centre
· Enfield Racial Equality Council (EREC) Black History month event
· Enfield Caribbean Association Black History Event
· Southgate Remembrance Day Parade
· Broomfield Park Remembrance Day
· Palmers Green Christmas Tree Lights Event
· Enfield In Bloom Awards
· Ajex Annual Commemoration Service
2. Citizenship Ceremonies
The Mayor said that the Citizenship ceremonies were still as busy as ever and that she was still enjoying meeting new people from different backgrounds.
She was always humbled by the number of events that she was involved with especially with the voluntary sector organisations in the Borough.
She thanked the Deputy Mayor, Councillor Kate Anolue for working with and supporting her, and also for her close work with the Mayor’s Office.
3. Town Twinning Visit to Courbevoie, France
The Mayor said that her visit to Courbevoie in France last week had been amazing. She had been to celebrate 25 years of town twinning friendship between Enfield and Courbevoie, especially poignant on the weekend of Remembrance. She had been delighted to be accompanied by colleagues and veterans representing the armed forces. Ian Cameron-Black (Chairman of the Trustees of Southgate Cultural Funds), Brian Wilson and Jackie Pinney of the British Legion, together with Councillors Lindsay Rawlings and Paul Everitt, Head of Leisure and Culture.
They had planted an oak tree in front of the Courbevoie Town Hall to mark the centenary of the armistice and in honour of their friendship. Courbevoie had done everything they could to provide them with an enjoyable and memorable visit and she, Councillor Rawlings and Paul Everitt, with the support of many members were looking forward to hosting a German and French delegation in March 2019, for the Lambing Festival at Forty Hall. She felt that it was very important to pass on, to the next generation, the knowledge of benefits that international friendship could bring, so that these visits could have a permanent impact and would leave something positive behind.
4. Thank you
The Mayor ended by saying that she was so happy to be in an atmosphere with such a marvellous team in the Mayor’s office, all working together to achieve great things. They had received some incredible feedback from residents and the people that they had dealt with and she felt that there was a lot of support for her cause.
She looked forward to seeing as many of the members as possible at the Winter Gala at Forty Hall on Friday, 23 November 2018.
She wished everyone a pleasant evening and a wonderful and glorious Christmas.