A report from Sarah Cary, Executive Director – Place, is attached. (Agenda part 2 also refers) (Key decision - reference number 4945)
(Report No: 168)
Councillor Nesil Caliskan (Leader of the Council) introduced the report of the Executive Director – Place (No.168) seeking approval to acquire the current Pressure Reduction Station (PRS) on the terms set out in the report.
1. That the report was seeking authority to acquire the current pressure reduction station (PRS) from Cadent; to transfer to Cadent a small parcel of existing Council land on which Cadent would construct a new PRS; and, then grant by the Council to Cadent of ancillary rights in relation to the transferred land as detailed in the report.
2. That the financial information was contained within the part two report, Report No.180, Minute No.16 below referred.
3. The report set out why it was recommended that the Council undertake this land swap and acquire the former PRS site at this time.
4. The acquisition was included within the overall budget for Meridian Water. The approval of the land acquisition required a decision by Cabinet.
5. In response to questions raised, it was noted that there was no specific planning in place for this piece of land at present, but it would have the capacity for approximately 140 homes in the future. This area was outside of the phase one Meridian Water development.
Alternative Options Considered: NOTED, the detailed alternative options that had been considered as set out in full in section 4 of the report.
DECISION: The Cabinet agreed to approve
1. The acquisition by the Council of the 0.88 acre plot of land which currently housed the Pressure Reduction Station site for the figures set out in the confidential schedule in the part two report (Report No.180, Minute No.16 below referred).
2. The disposal by the Council of the 0.07 acre plot of land to the north of Willoughby Land for the construction and maintenance of a new Pressure Reduction Station facility for the figures set out in the confidential schedule.
3. The granting of a 3-metre exclusion zone surrounding the boundary of the land to be transferred together with suitable access rights over land to Albany Road.
4. The granting of a building licence to Cadent required for the construction of the new Pressure Reduction Station.
5. Delegation to the Director of Meridian Water in consultation with the Acting Executive Director of Resources to approve entering into the land swap agreement subject to a review of the overall financial position of the deal following the receipt of the C4 estimate for the new Pressure Reduction Station.
6. Delegation to the Director of Law and Governance to complete all necessary documents to formalise the sale and purchase of land and the grant of a building licence on the basis of the Heads of Terms attached to the confidential schedule in the part two report (Report No.180, Minute No.16 below referred).
7. Delegation to the Director of Meridian Water to approve remediation and enabling works on the Pressure Reduction Site for the figures set out in the confidential schedule in the part two report (Report No.180, Minute No.16 below referred).
8. Note the intention to market the Pressure Reduction Site for a meanwhile use and enter into a lease subject to compliance with the Property Procedure Rules.
Reason: The detailed reasons for the recommendations were set out in full in section 5 of the report.
(Key decision – reference number 4945)