Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. View directions
Contact: Andy Ellis
NORTH CENTRAL LONDON JOINT HEALTH OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
FRIDAY 29 JANUARY 2016 AT 10.00AM
Council Chamber, Enfield Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield EN1 3XA
Councillor Alison Kelly (LB Camden) (Chair)
Councillor Pippa Connor (LB Haringey) (Vice Chair)
Councillor Graham Old (LB Barnet)
Councillor Alison Cornelius (LB Barnet)
Councillor Charles Wright (LB Haringey)
Councillor Jean Kaseki (LB Islington)
Councillor Ann-Marie Pearce (LB Enfield)
Councillor Abdul Abdullahi (LB Enfield)
Andy Ellis, Scrutiny Officer, LB Enfield
Jane Juby, Scrutiny Officer, LB Enfield
Rob Mack, Principal Scrutiny Support Officer, LB Haringey
Vinothan Sangarapillai, Committee Services LB Camden
Jonathan Hampston, Public Affairs and Consultation Manager, North and East London Commissioning Support Unit
Julie Juliff, Maternity Commissioning Lead, North Central London CCGs
Laura Andrews, Patient and Public Engagement Manager, Enfield CCG
Claire Wright, Enfield CCG
Catherine Swaile, Haringey CCG and LB Haringey
Nicola Wise, Head of Hospital Inspection, CQC
Apologies were received from Councillor Danny Beales, Councillor Martin Klute and from Cllr Alison Cornelius for lateness.
2. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY INTERESTS IN RESPECT OF ITEMS ON THIS AGENDA
The Declarations of Interest from previous meetings were NOTED. There were no further Declarations of Interest.
The Chair reported that the Chief Executive of the Whittington Hospital had been due to attend the meeting to update on the Lower Urinary Tract Review but, as the review was still in progress, it was felt to be better that he attend at a later date.
Cllrs Beales and Kelly had been due to visit the University College Hospital Stroke Unit but this had been postponed. Thanks were expressed to Cllr Pearce for the recent meeting regarding stroke services which had provided useful information to take back to individual boroughs.
4. NOTIFICATIONS OF ANY ITEMS OF BUSINESS THE CHAIR DECIDES TO TAKE AS URGENT
No items were put forward.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on Friday 27 November 2015 were AGREED as a correct record.
6. MATERNITY SERVICES UPDATE
Julie Juliff gave the following update, the key points of which were as follows:
· The purpose of the report was to ensure Value for Money and safe services were the key priorities.
· The birth rate seemed to have levelled off at present; however the Royal Free, Barnet and University College Hospitals were reporting increased activity this year. It was not yet clear why this was the case, whether growth is from our boroughs or that people from outside the NCL boroughs accessing the service may be contributing to the situation.
· JJ’s role is to assist the North Central London CCGs (Clinical Commissioning Groups) to commission and monitor outcomes , as well as participate quarterly reviews into maternity for each Trust.
· A maternity dashboard had been implemented this year which indicated Trusts’ performance. All outcomes put onto the dashboard were now being reported on.
· Data for the third quarter would shortly be available.
· There would also shortly be enough comparative data to analyse.
· Referring to the ... view the full minutes text for item 371.