Councillor Conduct Committee
Purpose of committee
The Councillor Conduct Committee is a relatively new body, set up following the abolition of the Government’s Standards Regime in July 2012.
Its purpose is to deal with ethical policy, complaints against councillors and issues concerning the members’ Code of Conduct. It aims to promote and maintain high standards of conduct amongst councillors and co-opted members.
The role of the committee is also:
· To support councillors and co-opted members to help them observe the Code of Conduct and to monitor the operation of the code.
· To consider requests for dispensations by councillors, and co-opted members relating to interests set out in the Code of Conduct.
The Committee is made up of four councillors: two from each party. Further details can be found in the Council Constitution.
- Claire Stewart (Chair)
- Glynis Vince (Vice-Chair)
- Katherine Chibah
- Elaine Hayward
- Christine Chamberlain
- Sarah Jewell
- Penelope Williams (Secretary)
- Bambos Charalambous (Reserve)
- Anne-Marie Pearce (Reserve)
- Michael Lavender (Reserve)
- Patricia Ekechi (Reserve)
Support officer: Penelope Williams.
Phone: 020 8379 4098